Programs Admissions

  • Official Academic Records from schools attended with grades and any certificates received.
  • Filled application and forms
  • Excellent school Testimonial
  • Three recent passport photographs (scan and email)
  • Photo page of international passport
  • Reference letters with referee contact details (From Academic professors. (No relation acceptable)
  • Birth certificate
  • Resume (A resume or job history highlighting responsibilities or accomplishments for each position held at school if any. Include any volunteer work or additional information that is relevant to the application. Describe any sports, community involvement, and any activities during secondary education)
  • Non-refundable deposit (value depends on individual school’s application or registration fee). Applying to University ESLI? + FCSA evaluation fee.

Please Scan and Email All Documents Individually with your choice of program. If your choice of program is not listed, send email to VITOULISC@ISLS.CA with your program and documents attached.

To apply direct to Trinity Western University (International Students), use Agency – International Student Liaison Services

To apply direct to Thompson Rivers University (International Students), useAgency – International Student Liaison Services/1109

  • Evaluated Transcripts
  • Filled application and forms
  • Excellent three References with contact details of referees
  • Departmental requirement (program department will specify)
  • GPA score (4 on a 5-point scale) or specification on Graduate program
  • GRE Score (Graduate Records Examination) your choice of program will determine if this or any external test is required.
  • Detailed Resume of job history highlighting your responsibilities or accomplishments for each position held.
  • Statement of Purpose: Describe any work experience relevant to the program and what motivated your choice of program (Include employer, nature of work, and dates). (Compulsory)
  • Three recent passport photographs (Scan)
  • Birth certificate
  • Photo page of international passport

School Scholarships (TRU)

Note: All scholarships and policies are subject to change without notice. Current scholarships and awards available for international students are:

International Athletic Scholarships

Students of outstanding sporting ability who demonstrate athletic excellence by qualifying to one of TRU’s Varsity Teams may be considered for an athletic scholarship.

Engineering Scholarships

International students accepted and enrolled in TRU’s two-year Engineering Transfer program will be considered.

TRU Law International Student Award

$5,000 per student. Available to all qualified International students who are enrolled in the Juris Doctor Program.

Jorge Campos Award for Mexican Citizens

The scholarship is open only to Mexican citizens currently enrolled in a fulltime program of studies in Mexico.

Scholarships for American Students

US citizens admitted to a TRU undergraduate program of two years or longer
are eligible for an automatic scholarship of $2,000 per student.

Scholarships for Residents of The Bahamas and Caribbean

Available for students from The Bahamas (or Jamaica if there are no eligible applicants from The Bahamas) entering an undergraduate program in the Faculty of Adventure, Culinary Arts and Tourism.

International Social Media Ambassador Awards

A limited number of awards are available for international and Canadian students who are interested in promoting TRU worldwide as a study destination.

Courtesy: TRU World


One way international students can help finance their study in Canada is through scholarships, which are nonrepayable financial awards. They tend to be granted to students with outstanding academic achievement, although some also recognize volunteer and work experience.

You must apply for some scholarships, but others are awarded automatically. Scholarship funding for international students who wish to study in Canada is limited, highly competitive, and available mostly at the postgraduate level. Nevertheless, here are some tips and resources to help you explore this possibility.

Start at home

Students should first explore scholarships and other funding possibilities in their home country. Contact the department of education in your country of citizenship.

Contact your chosen university

Get in touch with the financial aid office of the university you wish to attend to ask for information about scholarships for international students and any application guidelines.

Research additional opportunities

Learn about scholarships administered by the Canadian government, provincial governments, private foundations, and not-for-profit organizations.

Here are some suggestions and resources to help you get started:
Government of Canada International Scholarships Program

Global Affairs Canada is responsible for the government’s participation in major international scholarship programs. This website enables users to search for awards for study and research by country of origin.

Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships

Open to both Canadian and international PhD students studying at Canadian universities, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is worth $50,000 per year for three years.

Fonds de recheche du Quebec Scholarships and Grants

The Quebec government offers scholarships and grants through its research funds FRQNT 1nature et technologies2, FRQs (santé) and FRQSC (société et culture) for doctoral studies, postdoctoral fellowships and short-term research or professional development.

Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral scholarships

Each year, the Trudeau Foundation rewards up to 15 outstanding doctoral candidates who are enrolled or about to be enrolled in a social sciences and humanities program. The annual value is up to $60,000 per scholar for up to four years.

Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships

The Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships (QES) program aims to help develop the next generation of innovative leaders and community builders, both locally and globally. Though primarily directed to Canadian students, scholarships are also available to students from Commonwealth countries to attend a Canadian university for masters or doctoral studies. for-international-students/


Visit also for more information on scholarships.


Program Fees: (School fees will be paid direct to school on admission).


Program Fees (in Canadian dollars)

Application Fee $100
General Fees $510/semester
Estimated Medical Insurance $300/semester
TRUSU Extended Health & Dental Plan $248/year
Estimated Textbooks $100-500/semester
Undergraduate Studies
For University Preparation, English language study, and academic courses at the undergraduate level. Fees In Canadian Dollars
Undergraduate Tuition (ESL, U-Prep and Academic) $6,900/semester (up to 12 credits/4 courses)
$8,400/semester (15 credits/5 courses)
each additional credit: $500 (fall/winter)
$575 (summer)
Water and Wastewater Technology $19,750 for first year
Engineering Transfer $19,000 for first year ($500/credit)
Post-Baccalaureate Diploma
Additional Courses
$1,725/course ($575/credit)
$5,175/semester (9 credits/3 courses)
$6,900/semester (12 credits/4 courses)
$8,625/semester (15 credits/5 courses)
each additional credit: $575
Graduate Studies
Graduate Diploma in Business Administration


$2,344/course (up to $14,000 total, max 6 courses)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Full Program Tuition
Extension fee per semester*
$30,571 (12-months/3 semesters)


Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (GCES) (Pre-MEd)
(certificate completion requires minimum of 9 credits)
$7,900 semester
Master of Education (MEd) (3 semesters)
4th semester may be needed for students choosing course and project or thesis options, extension fee applies. Program completion requires 30 credits.
Extension fee per semester*
$8,760/semester$4,325/4th semester, if needed


Master of Environmental Science (MSc) (2 years/6 semesters)

Extension fee per semester*



Master of Environmental Economics and Management
(MEEM) or Master of Science in Environmental
Economics and Management (MScEEM)
MEEM/MScEEM (year 2)


Master of Nursing (MN) (2 years/6 semesters) MN (2 years/6 semesters):


*Extension fees apply for graduate students who have completed the course work for their program of study but remain enrolled at TRU while completing any additional program requirements (i.e., such as a thesis paper or practicum placement).
Housing Fees
Homestay – Three meals per day, private, furnished room in a Canadian family home. $3,300/semester


Homestay placement fee Security deposit $150


TRU Residence (on-campus). Furnished, air- conditioned, non-smoking, secure building, internet access, phone service, cable TV, light housekeeping. 4 suite styles, shared suites have private bedrooms. No meals. Minimum stay: 2 semesters. $7,500 (Fall & Winter semesters)

$3,750 (Fall only or Winter only

Security Deposit and Application Fee Residence Life Activity Fee $500


McGill On Campus Housing. Furnished private room with simple kitchen facility. Bathroom shared with three other students. No meals. $5,050 (Fall & Winter semesters)

$2,525 (Fall only or Winter only

Security Deposit and Application Fee $500

Note: All fees, dates, and policies are subject to change without notice. Some specialized programs may require additional fees. Refer to your admissions letter for latest fees. **An average course is three credits.


“Information and fees subject to change without notice. Please visit for the full list of programs and most current fees.”

If you decide to apply direct, remember how you knew about this university – International Student Liaison Services TRU ID: 1109

Work Opportunities for International Students (TRU World)

Students can apply for work on-campus, off-campus, and after graduation. Please see a summary of work options for TRU students below and consult the Live Learn BC website for further background.

Work on-campus or off-campus

Eligible students may work up to 20 hours per week per semester, and full
time during scheduled breaks in the school year.

Work After Graduation

Students completing a minimum two-year program of study may remain in
Canada to work for up to two years following graduation.

Need to Know

  1. All international students pay a flat fee tuition up to 12 credits (approximately 4 courses) plus general Additional courses at $500 per credit “plus general fees”. The only exceptions when you can pay per course are:
    • In the last year of your program if you need less than four classes to
    • In the summer semester because it is not always possible to take four
    • Tuition must be paid in full before you can register for classes. The only exception is that you can register for Winter semester classes at the same time as you register for Fall semester classes. However, you will be deregistered from your Winter classes if you don’t pay your tuition by November 1st.
    • You are in a Post-Baccalaureate
  2. If you want to defer your studies to a later semester you must tell us before the first day of classes, otherwise your tuition will be forfeited.
  3. TRU does not refund tuition unless your visa/study permit was denied.
  4. In order to work while studying you must be studying full time. At TRU that means at least three classes.
  5. The law in British Columbia says that everyone must have medical It is your responsibility to make sure you have insurance and have paid for it. However, to help you when you first arrive, TRU will register you for private medical insurance and charge the cost to your TRU account. You are able to opt out of the insurance if you have purchased your own insurance. Courtesy: TRU World
Work Options for International Students (EARN WHILE YOU LEARN)

While it is said International students are eligible to work on and off campus while studying full time, and will qualify for a full time work permit after graduation, students should note the limit and requirements for work as a student in Canada. You can work up to 20 hours a week while studying and full time during scheduled breaks with work permit. If you are applying into a cooperative program that requires working off campus, or you intend to take on a paid job off campus, you must apply for work permit when applying for study visa. You must adhere to all guiding policies.

Find out about opportunities for international students at PREPARE FOR YOUR CAREER The Career Education department helps students plan their careers from building a professional resume to being selected for the job interview. These career counsellors have years of experience and are committed to supporting students in reaching their career goals through a variety of initiatives.

WORK AFTER GRADUATION. As an international student graduating from a Canadian post-secondary institution, you are eligible to remain in Canada to work for a limited number of years. Students completing a minimum two-year program of study may be eligible to work for up to three years. Many of our international graduates have successfully found jobs in Canada in their area of study. Companies that hire TRU graduates include banks, Crown corporations, non-profits, municipal governments, universities (including TRU) and major retailers. Get more information at Many of our international graduates have successfully found job opportunities in their area of study in Canada.

(Courtesy: Most ideas taken from TRU World Earn while you learn).